Almost all of the programs in Student Pugwash and the Rotblat Society, excepting a few national programs run by the Board, come from those members who go on from being participants in other activities and decide to start some of their own. Not every member becomes an organizer—but we want to facilitate as many members as possible bringing their ideas and energy to the table.
A few ways to become an organizer within Student Pugwash or the Rotblat Society:
- Start a discussion or provide a presentation in our online community (you can be the speaker, or you can find an expert), creating an online event for others to attend.
- Request a new ad hoc interest group in the online community for ongoing discussions of topics of interest.
- Hold a live event in your area to discuss a Pugwash topic. [After social distancing guidelines allow for such events responsibly.]
- Organize people in your area to form a chapter—maybe hold regular meetings and happy hours to socialize, and spin out ideas for other events? (We can put you in touch with other local members.)
- Bring other "Pugwash-style" events and organizations to our attention, or propose an alliance or virtual chapter between their organization and us, so we can share resources and steer our members to each other's programs.
- Propose entirely new programs, big or small, and get other members excited about joining in.
- And speaking of other members: if you know people who would be interested in us, bring them on board—either in general, or specifically for the projects you're working on. Bonus points if they're students; they're why we're here.